One of the absolute best things you can do to promote toxin free living is to ditch synthetic candles, AIR FRESHENERS, plug-ins, and room sprays. Many of these products can cause headaches, sinus issues, and irritation.
Swapping these out for a good diffuser and some high-quality Essential Oils can make all the difference!
Ultrasonic diffusers are ideal because they use water and just a few drops of oil, making them cost-effective and easy to use. These diffusers transform Essential Oils and water into a fine mist that can drift around the room. This process not only neutralizes unpleasant odors but also allows everybody in the vicinity to inhale the Essential Oil components and benefit from their many mood-lifting, immune-system-enhancing properties.
If you don’t yet have a diffuser, you can create a room spray with Essential Oils, water, and a glass spray bottle.
Which oils are best for cleansing the air? That depends on your personal preference.
Here are a few favorites to get you started:
The CLEANSING BLEND is ideal for clearing the air and replacing/neutralizing unpleasant odors. It also protects against environmental threats and makes a great surface cleaner, so it’s a win-win for everybody! This blend is fresh, airy, and herbal thanks to the Essential Oils of Lemon, Siberian Fir, Citronella, Lime, Melaleuca, and Cilantro.
CITRUS OILS also make great air fresheners. They are light, cheerful, and great for the immune system, too. There are many to choose from, including Lemon, Lime, Wild Orange, Bergamot, Grapefruit, Green Mandarin, and Tangerine.
There are many ways to use these (and other) Essential Oils to help make your environment more pleasant smelling:
• Diffuse three to five drops of your favorite Essential Oil blend.
• Create a room spray with Essential Oils, water, and a glass spray bottle. Have this on hand, ready to shake and spray when needed.
• Put a drop or two in laundry detergent or on dryer balls to help with stinky exercise clothes.
• Put a drop in shoes and leave overnight to help refresh.
ROOM SPRAY RECIPES
It’s fun to experiment and try your favorite oil combinations to create room sprays ideal for time of year, mood, or other considerations. Here are a few tried-and-true favorites to start you off.
Add Essential Oils to a glass spray bottle. Fill with water. Shake before each use, then spray. Enjoy the lovely aroma! The following recipes are for 2 oz. bottles. Feel free to adjust the amount of oil used for different sized bottles.
• 5 drops Lemon Essential Oil
• 5 drops Wild Orange Essential Oil
• 5 drops Lime Essential Oil
• 5 drops Tangerine Essential Oil
• 5 drops Peppermint or Spearmint Essential Oil
• 10 drops Wild Orange or Tangerine Essential Oil
REFRESHING AND WOODSY
• 5 drops Frankincense Essential Oil
• 5 drops Cedarwood Essential Oil
• 5 drops Siberian Fir Essential Oil
• 5 drops Lavender Essential Oil
QUESTION – WHAT DO YOU CURRENTLY USE TO FRESHEN THE AIR?