HEAD AND NECK TENSION is something that affects many women throughout their monthly cycle. For many, head tension crops up during their Premenstrual Week. Other women know to expect this discomfort during their Menstrual Week, and still others find that it hits around ovulation.
Regardless of timing, head and neck tension can make getting through the day difficult and stressful. The following Essential Oils can help soothe head and neck tension on their own or when blended together:
• Clary Sage
The TENSION BLEND is of special note here. Its fresh, cooling, minty aroma is soothing to the mind and body and can help wash away tension and stress that contribute to physical discomfort. The TENSION BLEND contains Wintergreen, Frankincense, Lavender, Marjoram, Cilantro, Basil, Rosemary, and Roman Chamomile.
This blend can be applied topically to the temples, neck, shoulders, or wherever tension is felt. It comes in a 10 ml roller bottle, ready to swipe on, but it can also be diluted with Fractionated Coconut Oil (or your favorite carrier oil) to minimize skin sensitivity.
• Massage into shoulders, neck, and back for a cooling, soothing sensation.
• Add to temples and back of neck before taking a test or presenting in public.
• Apply to the wrists while traveling to help calm emotions.
Often, head and neck tension is the result of stress on your body or mind. The soothing, relaxing combination of bath salts, Essential Oils, and a warm bath can often ease stress and tension. It’s quick and easy to mix up a single portion, but you can also make a larger stock blend to have on hand in your bathroom cupboard, ready to use whenever you need it.
SOOTHING BATH SALT RECIPE
• 1 c. Salts (you can use Epsom Salt, Pink Himalayan Salt, Dead Sea Salt, etc.)
• 1 tbsp. Coconut Oil (or carrier of your choice)
• 3 drops Clary Sage Essential Oil
• 2 drops Roman Chamomile Essential Oil
• 5 drops Lavender Essential Oil
Mix Carrier Oil and Essential Oils. Then add oil mixture to bath salts and mix thoroughly. Pour into warm bathwater and stir up. Feel your stress and tension melt away!
QUESTION – DO YOU EXPERIENCE HEAD TENSION AT ANY POINT DURING YOUR MONTHLY CYCLE?