Conditions that affect BONES can be serious, as they can lead to severe health problems such as ongoing discomfort or even fractures.
Hormonal fluctuations experienced during menopause, and permanently low hormone levels in postmenopause, can pose a risk to some women developing weakened and reduced bone mass—a condition that may go unnoticed until a broken bone occurs. Broken bones happen more frequently in women than men as men usually have larger, stronger bones that don't lose mass as easily.
Bone is living tissue. Bone cells continuously regenerate themselves, like all other cells of the body, but as people age, the amount of bone cells lost outnumbers the formation of new bone cells.
This causes a reduction in bone mass and bone strength. Ninety-nine percent of the body’s calcium is stored in bones and teeth. As estrogen levels drop, bones aren't able to absorb enough calcium to replenish bone mass as cells die off. Estrogen also regulates the amount of bone cells lost, so it too plays a key role in the prevention of bone breakdown.
Symptoms of BONE density loss include:
• Loss of height due to weakened spinal bones.
• Bone fractures, especially in the hips.
• Bone tenderness and discomfort.
• Discomfort in the neck, spine, and lower back.
• Brittle fingernails.
• Tooth loss.
• Spinal deformities, e.g., curvature, stooped posture.
The primary cause of changes in bone density is diminished hormone levels, particularly estrogen. Other factors include medications, insufficient bone growth as a child, and genetic factors.
The good news? Essential Oils and related supplements can support bone health as aging occurs, as well as help relieve bone discomfort. Which oils? These, for starters:
• Siberian Fir
• Cellular Complex Blend
• Soothing Blend
• Bone Nutrient Essential Complex
BONE NUTRIENT ESSENTIAL COMPLEX is a blend of vitamins and minerals that are essential for bone health in women, beginning in adolescence and continuing through menopause.*
BONE NUTRIENT ESSENTIAL COMPLEX is formulated with bioavailable forms of natural nutrients that include vitamins C and D, plus calcium, magnesium, and other trace minerals that support healthy bone density as a woman ages.*
• Provides optimal levels of vitamins and minerals essential for developing and maintaining healthy bone mass and density.*
• Provides 100 percent of the recommended daily amounts of calcium and magnesium.
• Supports healthy bones and overall health throughout a woman’s lifetime.*
• Proprietary formula of the highest quality bone nutrients in bioavailable forms.
• Contains vitamin D2 and D3 to help bones absorb calcium.*
• Made with sodium lauryl sulfate-free HPMC vegetable capsules.
• Teen and adult women (and men) take four (4) capsules daily with food.
QUESTION – ON A SCALE OF ONE TO FIVE, HOW VITAL IS SUPPORTING LIFETIME BONE HEALTH TO YOU?