The lack of serotonin that can exasperate feelings of sadness can also make you more likely to feel IRRITABLE, angry, and/or offended at certain times during your monthly cycle. Some women find themselves losing patience with themselves and others due to fluctuating hormone levels.
The Citrus Oils already recommended for promoting positive mood can be helpful for issues of irritability as well. Oils that come from trees and roots, and those that are considered emotionally grounding can help calm bad moods as well.
Applying the GROUNDING BLEND to the bottoms of the feet is a great way to start out any day, especially days when you know you may be more easily irritated. This blend is made up of Spruce, Ho Wood, Frankincense, Blue Tansy, Blue Chamomile, and Osmanthus. It helps promote feelings of tranquility, calmness, emotional balance, and well-being throughout the day.
• For a grounding experience, place one or two drops in the palms of your hands and breathe in deeply.
• Begin your morning by putting a few drops on the bottoms of your feet to lessen stress throughout the day.
• Use while meditating or practicing stretching exercises.
• Add to Epsom salts for a comforting bath.
• Apply to your wrists or neck to help ease anxious feelings.
• Diffuse in the car during your morning commute to create a calm state of mind.
The RENEWING BLEND can help when you are experiencing feelings of anger, bitterness, and resentment. This blend can help you forgive when you feel wronged by others and renew yourself and your emotions. The RENEWING BLEND combines Spruce, Bergamot, Juniper Berry, Myrrh, Arborvitae, Nootka, Thyme, and Citronella Oils. Its fresh, woodsy aroma will encourage feelings of understanding, contentment, and patience.
• Diffuse when meditating to help release harboring feelings of anger and guilt.
• Dilute with carrier oil and apply to pulse points and heart throughout the day to feel grounded and content.
• Have on hand throughout the day to counteract negative emotions that may arise from undesirable situations.
For a roller bottle: Add Essential Oils to a 10 ml roller bottle. Top with Fractionated Coconut Oil or carrier oil of your choice.
For a diffuser blend: Half the number of drops and place in diffuser.
QUESTION – DO YOU FIND YOURSELF FEELING MORE IRRITATED THAN USUAL AT CERTAIN POINTS DURING YOUR MONTHLY CYCLE?